Sunday, November 20, 2011 at 2:31AM
- 1.1 Junior—Carvers 17 years of age or under.
- 1.2 Novice—Carvers who have not won two Best of Shows in the Novice level in any participating IWCA Competition.
- 1.3 Intermediate—Carvers who have won two Best of Shows in the Novice level in any participating IWCA Competition.
- 1.4 A carver who has previously won two Best of Shows in the Intermediate level in any participating IWCA Competition may not enter at the Intermediate level after the end of that calendar year.
- 1.5 Amateur—For shows electing to combine the novice and intermediate levels, the term amateur level may be used.
- 1.6 Open—Carvers who have won two Best of Shows in the Intermediate level at any participating IWCA Show or Competition.
- 1.6.1 Open may also refer to a division "open" to carvers of all levels. Typically, these divisions have no Novice or Intermediate levels and are not subject to advancement rules.